Thursday, March 7, 2013

KEEP YER FINGIES CROSSED!!1!

I am hesitant to talk about this too much until I physically have it in my hands, there's all kinds of things that could change...

But recently, Rob Liefeld, comic book artist, Image Comics founder and creator of a multitude of characters you know like Cable and Deadpool at Marvel and Youngblood, Prophet and Supreme at Image, held a writing competition where he picked three short stories to draw and publish.

Cable & Deadpool (c) copyright Marvel Ent.

Youngblood (c) copyright Rob Liefeld

Supreme, Glory, Prophet & Bloodstrike (c) copyright Rob Liefeld

Love him or hate him, if you've been a comic book fan
in the last 20 years, you know who Rob Liefeld is.

Rob has done some work at DC Comics recently when they launched their New 52, and he's also been overseeing other creators working on his characters, like Erik Larsen's recent Supreme run and Brandon Graham's revival and reimaging of Prophet. Rob is a polarizing figure in the comic industry, and I happen to like his style of comics, so I pitched a few stories, not really knowing what he was looking for, and...


AS YOU CAN SEE, I WAS ONE OF THE WINNERS! I'M GONNA HAVE A COMIC PUBLISHED!!!!1!!

Well, that's the idea at least. It's a long road to a finished comic, I've sent in the plot and page breakdowns for a six page story and that's where it's at now. Rob's a seat-of-his-pants kind of guy and as far as I can tell, he picked five stories to publish in GIANT-SIZE YOUNGBLOOD #1. He originally said he was going to pick three stories and draw them himself in different comics, so I'm not sure how it'll be at this point, if he's drawing them all or not.

But, uh, yeah... pretty fuckin' bitchin', as far as I'm concerned. I'll keep you posted...